President – Dan Stertz
Vice president – Steve Hollenbeck
Secretary – Dennis Tapp
Treasurer – Dan Leeds
NW – John Terpstra
WC – Jeremy Cochran
SW – Don Adams
NE – Paul Brown
EC – Bob Loggans
SE – Paul Vawter
Statement of Faith & Resolutions
of the WISCONSIN FELLOWSHIP OF BAPTIST CHURCHES
The purpose of the Fellowship shall be to provide fellowship among Baptist Churches of Wisconsin who are in full agreement with the doctrinal statement as set forth in Article II, Section 2, and to inspire and stimulate fellowshiping churches in the advancement of the cause of Christ through evangelistic and missionary endeavors.
Section 2. We adopt the following Doctrinal Statement:
The Fellowship receives the Scriptures as the inspired Word of God, and as the sole authority in matters of faith and practice. Its understanding of Christian truth as therein contained is expressed by the following declaration of faith:
1. We believe that the Bible is God’s Word, that it was. written by men Divinely inspired and that it is the supreme infallible authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all that come to Him through Jesus Christ.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, of virgin birth, sinless in His life, making atonement for the sin of the world by Ms death. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension, pretribulational return for the saint and visible premillennial return to the world according to His promise.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from God to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ.
5. We believe that all men by nature and by choice are sinners but that “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life;” we believe, therefore, that those who accept Christ as Lord and Saviour will rejoice forever in God’s presence and those who refuse to accept Christ as Lord and Saviour will be forever separated from God.
6. We believe in the Church – a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that a local church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, immersed on a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We believe that to those local churches were committed, for perpetual observance, the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s supper, and that God has laid upon these churches the task of proclaiming to a lost world the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Saviour, and the enthroning of Him as Lord and Master. We believe that all human betterment and social improvements are the inevitable by products of such Gospel.
7. We believe that every human being is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith, that each church is independent and autonomous and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority that therefore Church and State must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictation or patronage of the other.
Wisconsin Fellowship of Baptist Churches
67th Annual Meeting
2017 Annual Meeting Resolutions
Resolution of Appreciations: Let it be resolved that the Wisconsin Fellowship of Baptist Churches at its 67th annual meeting expresses appreciation to the following:
To the host Church:
WHEREAS, Calvary Baptist Church of Barron has graciously extended a warm welcome, and
has graciously hosted the churches of our fellowship for our 2017 Annual Meeting;
BE IT RESOLVED, That we, the messengers attending the meeting, express our gratitude to Pastor John Terpstra and the people of the church for their hospitality.
To the Speaker
WHEREAS, Dr. Matt Morrell has willingly taken time to faithfully prepare and preach for these meetings;
BE IT RESOLVED, That we communicate our sincere appreciation for his willingness to come and encourage the Fellowship churches to faithfully contend for the faith.
To our State Mission Director
WHEREAS, Dr. Wayne Vawter has faithfully and diligently served the Fellowship for another year, fulfilling our vision for evangelism, church planting, and the encouragement of believers;
WHEREAS, Mrs. Carole Vawter continues to be a diligent worker on behalf of the fellowship and a blessing to her husband and our churches;
BE IT RESOLVED, That we acknowledge the faithful service of the Vawters, and express our
gratitude for their availability to be used of the Lord in our lives.
WHEREAS, many professing believers are defecting from the biblical standard of holiness in their living which involves the “putting off” of all ungodly and questionable practices that undermine Christian growth (Ephesians 4:22; Galatians 5:19-21; Colossians 3:1-5), and the “putting on” of the practice of “righteousness and true holiness” which glorifies and pleases the Heavenly Father (Ephesians 4:24; Colossians 3:10-15),
BE IT RESOLVED, that we encourage those associated with the WFBC to pursue “holiness in the fear of God” (II Corinthians 7:1), by seeking to please God in all we do and say. This is applicable to such areas as entertainment, personal appearance, music, gambling, alcohol, drugs, inappropriate behavior between men and women, misuse of the internet and social media, and unfaithfulness to the local church.
WHEREAS, there is a growing trend to reject pre-tribulationalism among many evangelicals and to down grade the evidence of Scripture for a pre-tribulational rapture of the church;
BE IT RESOLVED, that we the messengers of the WFBC commit to teach and preach a bodily rapture of the church before the time of “Jacob’s trouble” or “the great tribulation” (Jeremiah 30:7; Matthew 24:21; I Thessalonians 4:17-5:11; John 14:1-4; I Corinthians 15:51-58; Revelation 3:10).
Modesty and Appropriateness
WHEREAS, the current trend in fashion is to blend and blur the lines between the genders; and WHEREAS, there is the growing awareness of gender confusion;
BE IT RESOLVED, that we the messengers attending this meeting are committed to uphold the biblical distinction between male and female (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 2:20-25).
WHEREAS, the current practice by some of “dressing down” for church services,
BE IT RESOLVED, that we encourage believers to set an example of both modesty and appropriateness in their dress when attending church worship services (I Timothy 2:8-9; Ephesians 5:8, 10).
Law and Order
WHEREAS, the depraved heart is filled with anger, vengeance, bloodshed, violence, riots, murder, pride, and loves to seek evil and do evil (Proverbs 6:18, Isaiah 59:7);
WHEREAS, the recent violent and murderous acts across America which have led to rebellion to governmental law and order as established by God;
BE IT RESOLVED, that we the messengers of the WFBC do commit to respect, honor, and obey those who serve to keep law and order (Romans 13:1-7; Hebrews 13:17); and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that we encourage each believer to exercise freedom of speech and enjoy their religious liberty; however, riots, violent protests, disturbing the peace, ignoring law and order is not the biblical response (Romans 13:12-13; II Peter 2:13).
WHEREAS, we recognize that though the believer’s preeminent citizenship is in heaven (John 1:12; Ephesians 2:4-9; Hebrews 11:10-16; I Peter 2:9-11); yet we are enjoined by our Lord to render the just dues of fear, honor, and obedience (among other responsibilities) to our civil authorities (Romans 13:1-7); and
WHEREAS, the United States Flag Code Title 4 Section $, and Title 36, Section 301 prescribes that citizens are to stand at attention, face the flag, and place their right hand over their heart when pledging allegiance to the Flag of the United States of American or during a rendition of the National Anthem.
BE IT RESOLVED, that we the messengers of the WFBC do commit to maintain the honor that is due the symbol of our earthly citizenship, following all proper protocol in respecting the Flag of the United States. May God once again grant His blessing to our great nation.